Kids’ Eco Art Competition
Kids Eco Art Competition – Winners Announced.
Congratulations to our talented young artists, Courtney Martin (Westville Junior Primary) and Priya Daya (Westville Girls High School) for winning the art competition and receiving the most votes via Facebook and manual voting forms at the Mall.
Each winner receives R2500 for themselves and R10 000 for their school! Centre Managers, shoppers and our social media followers were blown away by the talented expressed by each and every entry into the competition and the Mall would like to congratulate and thank each entrant for their incredible efforts to raise awareness for protecting our beautiful planet and wildlife, and our precious resources.
The artwork will be displayed throughout the Mall until the 4th of May, so be sure, if you haven’t yet had the chance, to visit the Mall and view these spectacular pieces of art.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Any school-going child (Grades 1 - 12) in Durban may participate in the Westville Mall Art Competition.
- Entrants can enter their artwork in groups / classes or as individual entries.
- Closing dates for entries: Friday, 13th April 2018 at 3pm. No late entries accepted. Please drop entries off at Centre Management Office (Next to Virgin Active’s Entrance) during office hours Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm.
- Selected artwork will be placed on display at Westville Mall until Friday, 4th May 2018
- 2D Artworks submitted MUST be no larger than A2 in size.
- Colour or black & white drawings and paintings will be accepted.
- Sculptures, needlework or three-dimensional artwork MUST NOT be larger than a 2m² area.
- Entries may be made from or on paper, cardboard, recycled products, wire, wood, etc. and MAY NOT BE handed in FOLDED, ROLLED, or DISMANTLED.
- Do not paste or write anything on the front of the artwork. Entry details containing name, age, school and grade entered must be attached on the bottom FRONT right hand corner of the artwork.
- By submitting the artwork, the learner/guardian/representative (“the Applicant”) hereby agrees that the ownership of all winning artworks will vest in Westville Mall.
- Westville Mall will base the winner of each category (individual and group entries) on public votes.
- The public votes, online and manual votes, will be verified by an independent group of auditors.
- Decisions are final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into thereafter.
- All participating schools and art centres will be advised of the results of the adjudication.
- Only original artwork, created by the entrant(s) / learner(s), specifically created during the competition start and closing dates, 2 March 2018 – 13 April 2018 will be accepted.
R10 000 cash prizes will be awarded to each category winning school. Categories are: individual
entries and group entries. Total of R20 000 prizes,
R10 000 to the 2 winning schools.
- R2500 prize value for the individual category winner will be awarded.
- Banking details of the winning school(s) and individual category winner need to be provided in order to receive their prizes.
- Entrants agree to photographs and interviews with the media and / or for Centre marketing.
- Details and photographs of the winners and their artworks may be given to the media for publicity reasons.
- Winners will be announced at Westville Mall’s marketing event on the 26th April 2018 at 5pm.
- All entrants or representatives of the school of the entrant/s, must be present at the winner announcement event.