Kids’ Eco Art Competition
Winners will be announced on the 26th of April 2018, at 17:00 at the Mall.
Entries have now closed for the competition, and we are blown away by the local talent from so many young artists! We need your help to choose 2 winners from all of the beautiful art pieces created. Our criteria was to keep with the theme for the competition which is celebrating World Earth Day on the 22nd of April, and highlighting our planet’s conservation, protecting our precious resources and wildlife and overall highlighting awareness for all of these.
How to vote:
Visit our Facebook Page Like our Westville Mall page, and then click photo albums, Kids Eco Art Competition Album. Then simply browse all the beautiful art in the two categories, primary school entrants and high school entrants, and click “LIKE” on your favourite one. Each winning individual will win R2500 for themselves and R10 000 for their school! Voting Closes 24th of April.
Visit Westville Mall and view all the beautiful art on display and complete a voting form found at the display. Hand this form in at Centre Management or in the entry form box at the display.
TIMELINE AND MECHANICS
Entrants: Primary School Children (Grades 1 – 7) & High School (Grade 8 – 12)
Entry: Class/Individual entry but is ultimately an Interschool competition
Prizes: R10 000 for Primary School, R10 000 for High School and R2500 for Individual
Mechanics: A separate piece of paper/cardboard should be attached on the bottom front right hand side of the artwork with the name, age, school and grade entered.
Drop-off and entry dates: 02 March 2018 – 13 April 2018 (Drop-off and enter competition at the centre management office during business hours 8am – 4pm weekdays)
Online and manual voting: 18 - 24 April 2018
Selected artwork: Will stay up until 04 May 2018
NB to note: Entrants or a representative from the school must be present at the winner announcement which will be held on 26th April 2018 at 17:00 at Westville Mall.
Accepted Artwork: 3D artwork created such as sculptures, wire art, 3 dimensional paper, cardboard or wood creations are welcomed but must not exceed 2m². 2D paintings and drawings are accepted in both colour or black and white, must not exceed A2 size.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Any school-going child (Grades 1 - 12) in Durban may participate in the Westville Mall Art Competition.
- Entrants can enter their artwork in groups / classes or as individual entries.
- Closing dates for entries: Friday, 13th April 2018 at 3pm. No late entries accepted. Please drop entries off at Centre Management Office (Next to Virgin Active’s Entrance) during office hours Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm.
- Selected artwork will be placed on display at Westville Mall until Friday, 4th May 2018
- 2D Artworks submitted MUST be no larger than A2 in size.
- Colour or black & white drawings and paintings will be accepted.
- Sculptures, needlework or three-dimensional artwork MUST NOT be larger than a 2m² area.
- Entries may be made from or on paper, cardboard, recycled products, wire, wood, etc. and MAY NOT BE handed in FOLDED, ROLLED, or DISMANTLED.
- Do not paste or write anything on the front of the artwork. Entry details containing name, age, school and grade entered must be attached on the bottom FRONT right hand corner of the artwork.
- By submitting the artwork, the learner/guardian/representative (“the Applicant”) hereby agrees that the ownership of all winning artworks will vest in Westville Mall.
- Westville Mall will base the winner of each category (individual and group entries) on public votes.
- The public votes, online and manual votes, will be verified by an independent group of auditors.
- Decisions are final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into thereafter.
- All participating schools and art centres will be advised of the results of the adjudication.
- Only original artwork, created by the entrant(s) / learner(s), specifically created during the competition start and closing dates, 2 March 2018 – 13 April 2018 will be accepted.
R10 000 cash prizes will be awarded to each category winning school. Categories are: individual
entries and group entries. Total of R20 000 prizes,
R10 000 to the 2 winning schools.
- R2500 prize value for the individual category winner will be awarded.
- Banking details of the winning school(s) and individual category winner need to be provided in order to receive their prizes.
- Entrants agree to photographs and interviews with the media and / or for Centre marketing.
- Details and photographs of the winners and their artworks may be given to the media for publicity reasons.
- Winners will be announced at Westville Mall’s marketing event on the 26th April 2018 at 5pm.
- All entrants or representatives of the school of the entrant/s, must be present at the winner announcement event.